Table of Contents:
How can I duplicate my bot?
From the Bot Management page, on your "Bot Card" go to the menu (3 dots) and click "Save As". Simply save as a different name and it will become a copy in draft form. From there you can make edits and changes, then save and publish a copied version of your bot.
How can I publish different bots on different pages of my website?
Where bots are published on your site can all be controlled from the "Triggers" page of each bot. You can create specific rules that check if the URL "Contains" or "Does not contain" certain strings.
How can I see previous versions of my bot?
You can filter through all previously published versions of your bot by selecting the "Last edited" date when editing a bot. We do not currently support reverting to a previous version.
What information is collected about users? Does Instabot collect IP Address?
Instabot stores the user's City/Region(State)/Country as standard properties. Additionally we collect information about their device and browser they are using to access your website. Any other information you'd like to collect can be stored as a user property.
There are a few things to check if your bot is not opening on your site and most of them can be checked on the Triggers page for a bot.
Confirm the following settings:
- Online Hours - Check that your timezone and online hours are set for the current time.
- Open Delay - Did you set a time or page scroll delay? If you updated this configuration then you need to make sure you complete the "Delay" criteria while testing.
- User Segment - Make sure your user is within the correct user segment. By default all users will get this bot, but if you made changes to this then its possible your user is not contained within the segment.
- Segments get continuously calculated every 5 minutes - so its possible there might be a slight delay.
- User location - If you set the bot to only show in specific locations or device types, make sure that you are testing within that configuration.
More troubleshooting tips on getting your bot to launch.
How can I export my user data?
You can export user data from the top of the user list on your Users page. This will generate the file and email it to you when its ready.
How do I export engagement stats for each bot version?
Want to see how engagement trends have changed throughout each version of your bot? We have made it easy to export this data to a CSV.
Select the "Export" button from the version panel and you will receive the report in an email with engagement stats for each version of the bot.
How do I export the reply rate for each node in a bot version?
In addition to exporting engagement stats for each bot version, we also make it possible to review how each node is performing between different versions.
Select the "Export" button at the top of the Conversation Flow report to send an email with the report in CSV format.
How do I export my conversation data?
You can export conversation data from the Conversations page. The data will be emailed in JSON format.
Why do users in my account have strange names?
There are two types of users of Instabot.
- Visitors - These are anonymous users who have not provided a name or email yet.
- Leads - These are users who we can begin to identify because we know their name or email.
For all visitors, Instabot assigns a random name made up of an adjective and a noun so these visitors can be easily identified.
Once they provide their name or email in your bot, they will be updated to Leads and their name/email will replace the random name previously assigned to them.
If users come back to my site, will Instabot recognize them?
Yes, Instabot will identify returning users on the same device. (Computer, phone, or tablet)
If users visit your site from a different device, then they will be created as a new visitor.
Can I change the size of the bot on my site?
Instabot does not allow you to edit the shape of the widget from the Appearance editor tab, however accounts on the Standard plan and above can upload a custom CSS file.
At the bottom of your "Appearance" settings you will find a file uploader to add your CSS file. Uploading this file will overwrite Instabot's settings and apply the settings from the file.
Does Instabot support different languages?
You can build the bot content using any language you want. Additionally you can update the timestamp and input help text in Appearance to update the language for the client facing bot widget.
The Instabot portal is only available in English currently.
Does Instabot have AI?
Instabot offers three different options for constructing your bot. Depending on which option you're using, your bot may or may not contain AI:
- Decision-tree based bot, follows a predetermined flow based on content you create in our builder (does not contain AI)
- Decision tree bot + Basic NLP (does contain AI, managed by Instabot team)
- Decision tree bot + Dialogflow or custom NLP (does contain AI, managed by your team)
Can a user edit their answer when filling out lead fields (name, phone number, email, etc)?
A bot user can always edit their previous response by either selecting a different multiple choice button, or selecting the edit icon next to a free text response.
How is Instabot added to my website?
Are visitors counted as users whenever the chat icon loads?
Visitors are only counted as users when they see a full bot open (not the teaser). For more information on what is considered an active user, check out our analytics terminology.
Are all bot-specific stats lost each time that the same bot is republished?
As a user publishes a new version of a bot, the analytics are maintained in that version of the bot for the duration it was active. To view the stats for previous versions, select the Last Published date in the header of the bot analytics view.
Why is my data resetting when I re-publish my bot?
- View previous versions by clicking the date at the top of the page - then you can select which version you'd like to see analytics for.
- Alternatively, navigate to the "Conversations" tab and view the "Closed" conversations tab. From here you will be able to see goal completion/usage data across ALL versions (filter by date, bot, etc).
How can I reset my analytics after testing a bot, before I publish to my site?
We do not currently have a feature in the portal that allows you to zero out the bot data however this is coming soon! We would suggest using our "Save as" feature to copy a new version of the bot and publish that one.
Then you can delete the version you were testing and the bot analytics will be empty.
When using Zapier, not all of my user properties are being sent even though they are collected in the bot. How can I resolve this?
That might be happening if you have the zap set to fire when the goal "Email" is completed. These Zaps are triggered Real-time when the goal is completed. So if in your bot "Email" is collected before the "Phone" goal, the CRM action will not contain any data collected after "Email".
We would recommend changing the Zap goal to a different node farther down the path. That way when the goal is completed, the information collected earlier in the bot will be included in the zap to Zapier.
How do I copy the existing node/bot path?
To do this, add a multiple choice node (even if the node you're trying to copy is a different node type) and select "Copy from existing":
When you select this, there will be a dropdown of all nodes in your bot. Simply select the one you want to copy and the editor will be updated to match it exactly (with a different name).
"Copy from existing" will only copy the specific node you selected, to copy the entire path be sure to check the appropriate box under "Additional options"
Can I add a delay before or after a specific node?
Yes, this is possible using our Time Delay node, which you can find under the Advanced Node menu
How do I add another calendar account?
If you'd like to add an additional calendar account to the schedule-a-meeting node so that you can offer your visitors the option to book meetings with either (multiple) calendars, please do the following:
1. For that additional calendar account, create an Instabot user-account for that person - instructions here.
Skip this step if that person already has an Instabot user-account.
2. That new person should log into the Instabot dashboard.
3. That person will go to the "Connected calendars" page (Integrations - Calendar) and connect their own calendar account.
What other questions do you have? Add them in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will get back to you!