Users is your one-stop-shop for everything related to your visitors, leads and users - basically anyone that has any interaction with a bot.
Overview of the Users page
- a. Segments - View, edit and manage your user-segments
- b. User-properties - View, edit and manage your custom user-properties
- c. Filters - Filter your users list by time-range, status, platform, and/or segments
- d. Advanced user search - Slice and dice your user-data as finely as you need
- e. Quick filters - Filter your users to those who have completed a specific goal
- f. Export - Export your users list into a csv
- g. User view configuration- Add and remove the view-able columns in the users list
- h. List of users - Full list of all your users based on the applied filters, advanced user search criteria, etc
Here's a help video:
A segment is a group of users based on specific criteria that you define. Segments are useful when there is business value in defining a group of users based on a certain criteria - for example:
- users who have provided their email through the bot (in a lead-generation bot use-case)
- users who are considered as "high-potential leads" because they've passed a specific set of qualification steps (in a lead qualification bot use-case)
- users who have expressed dissatisfaction with your product or service (in a customer-satisfaction bot use-case)
Instabot gives you a few pre-defined segments straight of of the box, but the real power of segments becomes apparent when you define the segment rules/criteria based on your business's needs.
Here are a few examples:
- Users who have provided their email through the bot
- Users who are considered as "high-potential leads" because they've passed a specific set of qualification steps:
- Users who have expressed dissatisfaction with your product or service:
Advanced user search
Advanced user search is for slicing and dicing your rich user data in any way that is valuable to your business analysis.
- all/any selector - this will govern the relationship for multiple rules - for example:
The above advanced user search will find users who have:
- provided their email AND have a max budget of $2.5K
The above advanced user search will find:
- users who have provided their email
- users who have a max budget of $2.5K
You can also use Conditions to narrow your search:
- Goal Completion - Whether a user has, or has not completed a specific goal
- a. all the goals that currently exist in any of your bots
- b. whether the user has, or has not completed the goal
- User Behavior - Whether a user has, or has not done a specific action
This only applies to advanced users.
- User Property - Whether a specific user-property for a user is set, is not set, is equal to, is not equal to, etc
- a. all the user-properties that a user can have
- b. conditions
- Bot - Whether a user has, or has not interacted with a specific bot
- a. all your bots
- b. engagement status:
- No Reply - The user saw the bot, and did not interact with it at all
- Engaged - The user saw the bot, interacted with it, and left the bot before reaching completion
- Completed - The user saw the bot, interacted with it, and went through a path that either entered with external-link, or bot-close
- All - All of the above
Export all the users currently shown on your screen based on the applied time-range, filters, goal-filters, segments, and advanced-user search.
Export as csv or json (API-consumable).
Click Generate Report and the requested users report will be emailed to you when ready (usually < 30 seconds).
User view configuration
Adjust the user-property(s) columns that you want to view your user data in:
Article is closed for comments.