Every user who comes to your site and engages with a bot will be created and any information Instabot knows about them will be stored User Properties. Some of the default properties that are available are:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Created Date
- Last Seen Date
As Instabot collects this information, it will update the user profile over time, making Instabot a powerful lead generation tool.
Save User Properties
In addition to the properties above, you can create new properties that are customized to your business. Whether you're creating a new property or want to update an existing one, you set the property to save the response as right in the node editor.
- Select the "Save the user's response to their profile" checkbox
- Select the desired property from the dropdown list OR create a new property by typing in the name and selecting the "Create New User Property".
Now all responses to this node will be saved to the user's profile so you can analyze and segment the users as needed.
Inserting a User Property as Dynamic Message Text
You can add User Properties as dynamic text in your bot message to engage returning users. For example, if you've already collected a user's Full Name, you can use it to address them by it using dynamic text:
- Select the ID card icon underneath your message prompt
- Search and select the list of User Properties for "Full Name"
- The dynamic variable for Full Name will be inserted into the message field. If the bot has not collected this property it will leave a blank space in this spot, so make sure only to use Dynamic Text if you're sure that you previously collected the property.