The Google Analytics node is used to send events that occur inside your bot, to Google Analytics as an event. This can be used for optimizing ad spend and traffic to your website by attributing specific Google Ads to business-important events that occur inside your bot such as "user provided email", or "user scheduled a demo."
This node is available for account tiers Standard and up.
1. In the bot-builder, select the "Google Analytics" node under "Advanced".
2. Complete the following fields:
- 1. Google Analytics ID (required)
- This ID tells us which Google Analytics account we should send events to
- 2. Event Category (required)
- Use something descriptive like "Instabot bot event"
- 3. Event Action (required)
- Use something that describes what happened in the bot - for example: "gave email address" or "scheduled a demo"
- 4. Event Label
- Use this to give more detailed information about what happened in the bot - for example - use the name of the bot (eg: "main page automatic launch bot") so you can determine which bot is more effective at achieving the event action
- 5. Event Value
- Use this to weight bot events differently according to their business value - eg: "became converted customer" (value = 5) is worth 5x as much as "gave email address" (value = 1)
The above instructions assume you are sending hardcoded/static values to Google Analytics, but you can also send values dynamically to GA - for example, let's assume you are sending a "visitor provided phone number" event to GA - you can use "Event Value" to send the actual phone number value to GA!
In fact, you can send any custom user-property that is stored to the user's profile to GA
3. Now that we've added the node, let's confirm that bot events are successfully sent to Google Analytics. Add the node, then Preview (or publish the bot and test on your site) and talk to the bot up to where the Google Analytics node was added.
To get more information on how to attach your new Google Analytic event to a Google Analytic Goal:
- 1. Create a new goal, create it as a Custom goal, goal type Event, then copy the same exact details from step #2