Teaser Messages are a great way to catch your visitor's attention and nudge them towards engaging with your bot without completely taking over the screen and interrupting their browsing experience. You can read all about Teaser Message strategies in our blog post!
To configure and customize your teaser message:
1. From the bot editor, select the Triggers tab, ensure you bot launch method if set to Persistent Button under "How"
2. Scroll to the bottom and find the Teaser Message section. If you don't see the teaser section at the bottom of the screen, go back to Step 1 and make sure you've made the correct selection!
Here are some of the configurable settings on your teaser:
a. on/off toggle
- If on, the teaser message will appear based on the below settings
- If off, the teaser message will not appear at all and your bot will show just the persistent button.
- Custom - set custom content for your teaser message
- Show the first - set the teaser message content to be the first x nodes of your bot
Tip: Our highest performing launch method is the Persistent button with a Teaser message that shows the first 2 Instabot prompts and contains a multiple choice node. For an example, check out the bot on our homepage!
- This setting determines the time after the persistent button appears, then the teaser appears - for example, if set to 3 seconds:
- persistent button appears
- 3 seconds passes
- teaser message appears
- Keep in mind that if your persistent button is already set up with a delay, the teaser delay is in addition to this.
d. Display frequency
- This setting determines the frequency that the teaser message appears for a returning user:
- Only Once
- The teaser message will display for a user the first time they visit your site, and will not display subsequent times they visit your site
- Every session
- The teaser message will display for a user every time they visit your site, on every page
- Only Once
- This is a self-refreshing preview of what your teaser will look like depending on the settings you've configured for content (b) and delay (c)